Rounding up the week that was:
- HTML5 Rocks - HTML5 Techniques for Optimizing Mobile Performance
- Why “branding” won’t save the creative class - Salon.com
- Film Fading to Black: ARRI, Panavision, and Aaton ceasing production of traditional film cameras.
- Questions I ask when reviewing a design - (37signals)
- Photorealistic Illustrations Inspired by ‘Angry Birds’
- The Broadcast of Comics
- Kern Type, the kerning game
The "Branding" link at Salon was particularly sobering. Outlets for bread-and-butter, professionally produced, creative labour are drying up fast.