As part of the refresh, I did a bit of radical brain surgery on this Textpattern installations’s database. I first installed Textpattern pretty early on in 2004 and it’s survived numerous upgrades. Sadly, it’s also become increasingly crufty and corrupted. If you’ve ever heard me cursing about XML-RPC, then you’ll know that I’ve been unable to use desktop blogging tools such as MarsEdit for writing.
But recently, Textpattern support in Marsedit (and XML-RPC support in Textpattern) has improved markedly. And I’ve found that many of my other Textpattern sites now worked very well. But not Retrorocket. Clearly, something deranged in this install was tripping up the delicate rites of communication between the two systems. So I resolved to clear away the debris and begin again. Luckily, with my articles, comments, and permalinks intact.
This is the dawn of a new age. I hope.